Yes, iPage offers site backup service. By default, all iPage users can back up their own sites by simply downloading their files via FTP and saving it to their computer or an external drive. But if you want automatic daily backup services from iPage, you may opt to purchase a service upgrade. You can check it out through this link: https://www.ipage.com/product/site-backups/index.bml. Luckily, iPage is offering a promotional price right now of $12.95 per year limited to its first term. Thereafter, you need to pay its regular rate of $16.95 per year. This is a fair bargain considering the added level of security a Site Backup service provides.
What is a SiteBackup
A Site Backup works the same way as a System Restore on your computer. It allows a web site owner to save everything on his siteand restore them to that point in case of a system crash or in the event that user accounts have been compromised.It is recommended for web site owners to regularly perform backups to reduce the volume of lost information and accelerate recovery from a system crash. It adds further protection and can raise your client’s confidence in the reliability of your site.A site backup can spell the difference between saving your site and losing it entirely along with your online business.
iPage Backup Service Features
iPage Backup offers automatic restoration of lost files, version control and allows your files to be downloaded to your computer as .zip archives which is compatible with most compression tools available. It also provides a quick and easy way to download and restore lost files. Users also have the option to download and restore the site’s content manually.
How to avail of the Automatic Site BackupService
You can add the Automatic Site Backup to your account as a website essential during the iPageregistration. Just follow these simple instructions.
- Sign up with iPage on their website. (www.ipage.com)
- On the next page, select the domain you wish to use and click “Continue”.
- Next, the Billing Information Page will be displayed containing the Contact Information, Payment Information and Purchase Information fields. Just fill in the important details especially your email address, your payment type and the iPage plan you wish to sign up.
- Below the Billing Information page, you will see the “Website Essentials” field. It contains add-ons you can purchase along with your iPage plan. On the fifth entry, you will find the “Automate Your Site Backup” option which is what you need. Just check the box saying “Add to cart”.
- The Total Purchase price will at the bottom of the screen will reflect the additional price for the Site Backup service. Complete the sign up with the added feature.